Colby & Banningham

Colby & Banningham are two villages in the heart of North Norfolk which were combined into one civil parish in the 1930's.  Both villages saw  some infill development in the mid-1970's, and apart from a few individual houses, not much development has taken place since then. 

The villages each have a parish church, both of which are part of the United Benefice of King's Beck (the stream that connects most of the 8 villages that make up the Benefice) - Banningham, Colby, Felmingham, Skeyton, Sloley, Suffield, Swanton Abbott and Tuttington.  

The excellent Colby School, with its wonderful eco-reputation, is located within the parish, as is the Jubilee Hall (otherwise referred to as the Village Hall) which was extended in the late 1970's from the original Reading Room built in 1912.  There is also a great pub, The Banningham Crown, which attracts visitors from all over the area.  

Other facilities include a playing field, village green, and allotments.  

 

Colby & Banningham Parish Council | Mo Anderson-Dungar (Parish Clerk) - 01263 732530 | clerk@colby-banningham-pc.gov.uk